Monday, 16 February 2026

Villager, 69, found safe, but in weak conditions

SIMUNJAN, Feb 16 2026: A 69-year old man was found safe, but in weak conditions today, a day after he had gone out in the jungle looking for wooden poles.

Caption: Sapaie Sijo receiving treatment at the clinic. He was found in weak condtions by the villagers of Kampung Melayu in Simunjan district 

Sapaie Sijo was found by the villagers from Kampung Tungkah Melayu, who were involved in the search operation, at the location where he was picking up wood in a safe and weak condition this morning.

Simunjan Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) station, in a statement, said the distance from  his house to where he was found by boat was about one hour.

“He was taken to the clinic by his family for further examination,” the station said.

The station said at about 3pm, at the Kampung Tungkah Melayu house, Sapaie told his wife that he wanted to go to the upper reaches of the Kampung Tungkah Melayu river to look for wooden poles. Until the police report was made this morning, he has not yet been found or returned home.

Efforts to search for the victim had been made with relatives but still failed to find the victim,” the station.

The station said its control room received a call from the Simunjan police informing of a missing person case this morning.