Sunday, 7 June 2015

NGOs, political parties gang up against rape



Story and pictures by Doris Yoong
KUCHING, June 7, 2015 - Twenty-eight  non-governmental organisations and political parties took part in a protest rally against rape at Taman Shahabat here today, prompted by the acquittal of a 60-year old government retire by the Court of Appeal last month.

Saturday, 6 June 2015

The Broken Shield: The Dayak Dilemma is must read for Dayak leaders



By Simon Peter
KUCHING, June 6, 2015 -  "The Broken Shield: The Dayak Dilemma" is a must read for  the present and aspiring Dayak leaders, Sarawak Dayak Graduates Association (SDGA) president Dr Dusit Jaul informs them today.
"After going through the book, it becomes apparent to me that it is a portray or a vivid description of the Dayak political drama at its best," he said when launching the book written by veteran reporter Joseph Tawie.

Friday, 5 June 2015

Vernon Kedit: Masing can do more than just criticising



By Vernon Aji Kedit,
Sarawak PKR Information Chief

 I read with a sense of amusement and disbelief today's headline in the Borneo Post screaming "Legality of nation at stake".

 Tan Sri James Jemut Masing, President of PRS, has outdone himself yet again for having the courage and grit to question the Election Commission and call for a reinstatement of the Malaysia Agreement of 1963 and I personally salute the man for his tenacity.

Give back those powers, Adenan tells Najib



By Doris Yoong
KUCHING, June 4, 2015  - Chief Minister Adenan Satem is asking the federal government to surrender back those powers which Sarawak had given away since the formation of Malaysia in 1963.
"We want our autonomy back," he said, adding that he had discussed with Prime Minister Najib Razak over breakfast before they left to attend a public  gathering in support of  Najib at the Unity Stadium in Petrajaya this morning.
"We want those powers back otherwise, there is little meaning to our request for autonomy," the chief minister told Najib at the gathering.

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Court of Appeal rules why Bunya anak Jalong was discharged and acquitted with raping a 15-year old girl




GROUNDS OF JUDGMENT
[1] The Appellant, Bunya Anak Jalong (I/C No: 541004-13-5351) appealed against the dismissal by the High Court in Sibu of his appeal against his convictions by the Sessions Court in Sibu.