Monday 26 May 2014

SUPP sec gen is now a senator

KUCHING, May 26, 2014: Sarawak United People's Party (SUPP) secretary general Sim Kui Hian was sworn-in today as a senator before Senate President Zahar Ujang at the Dewan Negara in Kuala Lumpur.



Sim, 49, who is also Sarawak General Hospital's Board of Visitors member, had held several positions in the field of health, including National Heart Association president (2008) and chairman of the Medical Association of Malaysia.


In his statement after his swearing-in,  he thanked Yang di-Pertuan Agong for the approval of his appointment as senator.

 Picture: Sim Kui Hian taking his oath of office at the Dewan Negara

He also expressed his appreciation to Prime Minister Najib Razak,  Chief Minister Adenan Satem, and SUPP for putting forward his candidacy for senatorship.

"I accept the honour of the appointment with pride for my country, my state, my party, my BN and my family.

"My appointment comes at such critical time - a time when we see the green light from Registrar of Societies on the legitimacy of SUPP, a time we see the light of reconciliation and the path to rejuvenation in SUPP, and it is also a time when we see the true colours of the insincere and deviated leaders leaving SUPP.

"Of course, there are still challenges ahead, but with the support from the members, Barisan Nasional and the rakyat, I believe that SUPP can move forwards to achieve greater heights in shortest time. Let’s do it together. Unity is the way forwards.

"I will uphold, defend and promote the interests of the nation to the best of my ability. I will continue my journey of reforms and services to Sarawak, which has begun when I came back from Australia 15 year ago after 17 years overseas.

"I need your help to work with me, and together we can achieve more and sooner.

"I pledge to deliver my services with full strength and courage, and commit myself to create a better nation for the rakyat irrespective of race or religion, regardless which position I represented, or which stance I fought for.

"As I still believe in the necessity of real heart, real action, and real change in our  transformation efforts.

"I will carry out my duties and responsibilities as honestly and diligently as possible. I believe that is the only way I can return the great honour granted to me," he concluded.

Apart from Sim, Islamic Da'wah Foundation Malaysia (Yadim) president  Asyraf Wajdi Dusuki, 38, was also sworn-in as a senator.


No comments: